1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
1 medium parsley root – if available
Garlic as desired
2 small leeks (if not available, replace with 2 medium onions)
1 ½ pounds tomatoes or more
2 medium onions
1 pound of potatoes
A little parsley.
1. Do not peel any of these special soup vegetables
2. Wash and scrub them well
3. Cut them coarsely
4. Simmer them slowly for 2 hours
5. Then put them through a food mill in small portions
6. Only fibers should be left
7. Vary the amount of water used for cooking according to taste and desired consistency.
8. Keep well covered in refrigerator no longer that 2 days
9. Warm up as much as needed each time
Note: For recipes that call for soup stock, use the liquid from this special soup.